The Harry Potter Half Term Quiz
How well do you know the Harry Potter books? Well, we think you need to be a big fan to be able to answer the questions below about Diagon Alley.
by the end of Sunday 21 February with the answers in order to prove how knowledgeable you are and be in with a chance of winning a £10 book token.
- What broomstick does Harry see in the window of Quality Quidditch Suppliers before the start of his third year at Hogwarts?
- What small fluffy creature does Ginny buy at Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes?
- Which book sold at Flourish and Botts needs to be kept inside a cage?
- Who is the first Hogwarts student that Harry ever meets inside Madam Malkin’s Robes For All Occasions?
- What large magical creature lives in the depths of Gringott’s Bank?
- What is the name of Hermione’s pet, which she finds in the Magical Menagerie?
- Which shop did Voldemort once work in?
- Which famous author do Harry and his friends meet inside Flourish and Botts before the start of their second year?
- Which magical creatures work in Gringotts?
- What sweet treat does Florean Fortescue sell?
Terms and conditions
- The competition is open to those under 16 who reside within the boundaries of Cheshire West and Chester Council and/or who are members of Cheshire West and Chester Libraries except:
- Employees of the library service of Cheshire West and Chester Council.
- Members of the immediate families or households of (I) above.
- In entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to claim the prize.
- There is a limit of one entry per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
- All competition entries must be submitted by email to email@example.com before the end of Sunday 21 February 2021 (the “Closing Date”). All competition entries received after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be selected as soon as possible after that date and will be selected at random from all eligible entries.
- Cheshire West and Chester Libraries will contact the winner personally as soon as practicable after the Announcement Date, using the telephone number, address or email address provided with the competition entry.
- Cheshire West and Chester Libraries will make all reasonable efforts to contact the winner. If a chosen winner does not respond to correspondence within one (1) week, Cheshire West and Chester Libraries reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant selected at random from the correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
- The decision of Cheshire West and Chester Libraries will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize is not transferable to another person.
- The prize will be a £10 book token to the winner. No part of the prize is negotiable or transferable.
- The prize should be collected at a prearranged time from Ellesmere Port Library, Civic Way, Ellesmere Port, CH65 0BG. The winner must inform Cheshire West and Chester Libraries if they cannot collect. If collection is not possible, please allow 30 days for delivery of the prize.
- The prize may not be claimed by a third party on your behalf.
- The prize is run by Cheshire West and Chester Libraries, Ellesmere Port Library, Civic Way, Ellesmere Port, CH65 0BG
- Cheshire West and Chester Libraries reserve the right to amend the competition end date at any time.
- The participating council service is Cheshire West and Chester Council Library Service only,
- Online entries must include the age of the entrant.
- Cheshire West and Chester Library will not accept: (a) responsibility for competition entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or (b) proof of posting or transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the competition.
- Cheshire West and Chester Libraries must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation Cheshire West and Chester Libraries will publish the surname and county of the prize winner and, if applicable, their winning entries online.
- If you object to any or all of your surname, county and winning entry being published or made available, please contact Cheshire West Libraries via firstname.lastname@example.org. In such circumstances, Cheshire West and Chester Libraries must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, Cheshire West and Chester Libraries may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition.
- Cheshire West and Chester Libraries reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
- By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound these terms and conditions.