Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984
Notice is hereby given pursuant to the provisions of Section 14 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, that the Cheshire West and Chester Borough Council intend to make an Order the effect of which will be to temporarily prohibit and restrict traffic on roads in Chester City Centre as detailed below because of the likelihood of danger to the public during the coronavirus pandemic. It is necessary to introduce these restrictions to create sufficient space for social distancing to be maintained.
Cheshire West and Chester Borough Council
(Chester City Centre)
(Temporary Prohibition and Restriction of Traffic) Order 2020
No vehicles except pedal cycles between 10.30am and 4.30pm on the following lengths of road:
No vehicles except pedal cycles and disabled badge holders between 10.30am and 4.30pm and suspend the one way restrictions during these times on the following lengths of road:
- Frodsham Street between its junctions with Kaleyards and Foregate Street
- Foregate Street between its junctions with Frodsham Street and Love Street
- St Werburgh Street from a point 15 metres east of the centre-line of Godstall Lane to its junction with Eastgate Street
- Eastgate Street between its junction with St Werburgh Street and The Eastgate
- Foregate Street between The Eastgate and St John Street
- St John Street complete length
Prohibit loading and unloading on the following lengths of road:
- Northgate Street between its junctions with Princess Street and St Werburgh Street
- St Werburgh Street between its junction with Northgate Street and a point 15 metres east of the centre-line of Godstall Lane
Provide loading bays from 8am to 10.30am and 4.30pm to 6pm on Northgate Street (west side) (i) from a point 15 metres south of the centre-line of its junction with Water Tower Street for a distance of 25 metres in a southerly direction; and (ii) from a point 15 metres north of the centre-line of its junction with Hunter Street for a distance of 26 metres in a northerly direction.
- Upper Northgate Street (both sides) between its junction with George Street and The Northgate
- Northgate Street (east side) between The Northgate and its junction with St Werburgh Street
- Northgate Street (west side) (i) between The Northgate and a point 15 metres south of the centre line of its junction with Water Tower Street; (ii) from a point 40 metres south of the centre line of its junction with Water Tower Street to a point 41 metres north of the centre-line of its junction with Hunter Street; and (iii) from a point 15 metres north of the centre-line of its junction with Hunter Street to its junction with St Werburgh Street
Relocate the 24 hour taxi rank on Foregate Street (south side) to between a point 39 metres west of the centre line of its junction with Love Street and a point 20 metres west of the west side of Bath Street
Suspend the one way restrictions on the complete length of Kaleyards, and on Frodsham Street between its junctions with Frodsham Court and Kaleyards.
Nothing in the Order shall prevent driving upon the said lengths of road of any vehicle which is being used in an emergency for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes.
The Order will come into force on 15th June 2020 and will continue in force for a period not exceeding eighteen months or until social distancing measures are no longer required, whichever is the earlier.
Kieran Collins (ref: TRO/5178)
Guilden Sutton Lane
Chester CH3 7EX
Discuss this article
Please see terms below before using this feature
Please be aware that the facility above is a Facebook service, posting your views will make some of your Facebook information visible to everyone (as with any Facebook activity).
The system administrators (VISAV Limited) monitor the content added. Any misuse or objectionable material should be reported to email@example.com
The views expressed do not represent the views of the system administrators who are VISAV Limited, the Police, Neighbourhood Watch and other Information Provider using this service. The System Administrators make no guarantee, endorsement and accept no liability, regarding the discussion service above, including, but not limited to, its availability, accuracy, currency, content, quality or lack of objectionable or offensive content.