26 June 2019
Cheshire West and Chester Council is inviting people to have their say on the services provided for children and young people with Special Educational Needs or a Disability (SEND).
The 12-week consultation will run from 20 June 2019 to 12 September 2019.
Over the last twelve months the Council has worked with the Cheshire West and Chester Parent Carer Forum, Schools Forum, Head Teachers, system leaders, practitioners, partners and Council staff, to review how SEND provision and services are currently delivered.
To ensure that these services can continue to meet the varying educational, health and emotional well-being needs of the children that access them, new proposals will be considered to address the current challenges families face.
The Council’s Cabinet Member for Children and Families, Nicole Meardon, said: “This consultation puts forward options developed by key stakeholders at the co-production stage of our review which aims to ensure that every child has an equal opportunity to reach their full potential regardless of any challenges they may face.
“It’s important we hear from parents, carers and children about these options as they are at the heart of SEND provision.”
The consultation is asking members of the public to consider how the proposed changes would affect children and young people with SEND needs.
There are lots of ways you can get involved:
You can share your views until the 12 September 2019. Your views are really important and will help shape future services that will be provided to children, young people with SEND needs.
- Complete the online questionnaire
- Collect a printed copy of the consultation and complete a paper questionnaire – these are available from your local library, Children’s Centres and Council Offices or by contacting the Information, Advice and Support Service on 0300 123 7001.
- Email your views quoting ‘consultation on services for children and young people with SEND needs’ : SENDConsultation@cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk
- Post your views to: Research and Intelligence Team, Cheshire West and Chester Council, 4 Civic Way, Ellesmere Port, CH65 0BE
- Call Information Advice and Support Service quoting consultation on services for children and young people with SEND NEEDS’ on: 0300 123 7001
- Ask your key worker for a copy of the questionnaire
- Attend one of the face-to-face sessions available on the below dates (if you are having difficulties in accessing these locations, please call Information Advice and Support Service on 0300 123 3001 who may be able to help)
- Monday 8 July, 2pm-4pm, Winsford Lifestyle Centre
- Tuesday 9 July, 10am-12pm, County Officer’s Sport’s Club, Chester
- Monday 15 July, 6.30pm-8:30pm, Civic Hall, Ellesmere Port
Discuss this article
Please see terms below before using this feature
Please be aware that the facility above is a Facebook service, posting your views will make some of your Facebook information visible to everyone (as with any Facebook activity).
The system administrators (VISAV Limited) monitor the content added. Any misuse or objectionable material should be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org
The views expressed do not represent the views of the system administrators who are VISAV Limited, the Police, Neighbourhood Watch and other Information Provider using this service. The System Administrators make no guarantee, endorsement and accept no liability, regarding the discussion service above, including, but not limited to, its availability, accuracy, currency, content, quality or lack of objectionable or offensive content.