This letter is to inform you that there has been a burglary in the area of Prestbury Road. Please be mindful of your home security and help reduce the risk of your home being burgled by making sure you have taken these simple precautions:
- When you go out, always lock the doors and windows.
- Put your garden tools away, these provide an easy way to force entry to your house.
- Make the house appear occupied, draw the curtains and leave a light on.
- Don't leave spare keys outside or keys in outbuilding/garage doors.
- Keep keys away from the letterbox to stop burglars ‘fishing’ for them.
- Use timers for lights and radios if you need to be away from home overnight.
- Don’t leave your bin out where they can be used as a step to climb a wall, fence or gate.
- Have a neighbour check that milk bottles, parcels and post are not left outside or near the letterbox.
- Visible burglar alarms, good lighting, and carefully directed and limited security lighting can act as deterrents.
Most burglaries are carried out by opportunist thieves so do not give them a chance! In 35% of burglaries, they don’t even have to use force - they get in through an open door or window.
With this in mind, please support Wilmslow Police by continuing to report any related incidents to Cheshire Police on 101. Any calls will be dealt with in complete confidence and the information you supply will help us to reduce incidents in your area.
PCSO 20672- Wilmslow East