Temporary prohibition of traffic and temporary traffic restrictions
Notice is hereby given pursuant to the provisions of Section 14 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 that the Cheshire West and Chester Borough Council intend to make an Order the effect of which will be to temporarily prohibit and restrict traffic on the following lengths of road in Little Neston and Mollington to enable a combined cycleway and safety improvement works to be carried out by Highways England.
Night time works
The full closures described below will only be implemented overnight between the hours of 8pm to 5am during weekdays and 8pm to 7am at weekends.
Phase 1 (Start: 07/08/17 – Finish: 04/09/17)
Phase 2 (Start: 04/09/17 – Finish: 09/10/17)
- Total closure of the A540 southbound carriageway from its junction with Badgers Rake Lane to its junction with the A550 (Two Mills).
Phase 3 (Start: 09/10/17 – Finish: 06/11/17)
- Total closure of the A540 southbound carriageway from its junction with the A550 (Two Mills) to its junction with the A5117.
Phase 4 (Start: 06/11/17 – Finish: 04/12/17)
- Total closure of the A540 northbound carriageway from its junction with the A5117 to its junction with the A550 (Two Mills).
Temporary one way restrictions
- Total closure of the A540 northbound carriageway from its junction with the A550 (Two Mills) to its access to the Premier Inn.
- The following restrictions will be force for the full duration of the Closure.
- Shotwick Lane between the A550 and A540 to prohibit traffic travelling in a north easterly direction.
- Woodbank Lane between the A550 and the A540 to prohibit traffic travelling in a north easterly direction.
Nothing in the Order shall prevent driving upon the said lengths of road of any vehicle which is being used for the conveyance of persons goods or merchandise to or from any premises situate on or adjacent to the lengths of road or in connection with agriculture building construction works of repair and the like or use in an emergency of vehicles for fire brigade ambulance or police purposes. A through route will not always be available and any vehicles not requiring access to properties on the length of road should use the alternative routes.
- A540 Chester High Road from the junction of Puddington Lane to the junction of Chapel Lane will be restricted to 30mph for the duration of works.
The Order will come into force on 7 August 2017 and will continue in force for a period not exceeding eighteen months or until the works which it is proposed to carry out have been completed whichever is the earlier. It is anticipated that the works will take approximately the time specified above to complete each phase of the works.
Traffic should proceed via
Alternative routes for through traffic
- Traffic heading southbound on the A540 towards its junction with the A550 Two Mills will be directed in advance of the closure to join the B5133 and continue eastbound to its junction with the A41, A41 southbound and join the A550 southbound to its junction with the A540 (Two Mills).
- Traffic wishing to access the A540 southbound (from its junction with the A550, Two Mills) will be directed to join the A550 southbound carriageway and continue to its gyratory junction with the A548. Circumnavigate the roundabout to re-join the A550 northbound and join the A494 eastbound to its junction with the A540 where the diversion will end.
- Traffic wishing to access the A540 from its junction with the A5117 will be directed to join the A494 westbound, exit at its junction with the A548, circumnavigate the roundabout to join the A550 northbound and continue to its junction with the A540 (Two Mills) where the diversion will end.
Kieran Collins (Ref TRO3293)
- Traffic wishing to access the A540 northbound carriageway (from its junction with the A550, Two Mills) will be directed to join the A550 northbound carriageway and continue to its junction with the A41. Traffic will then be directed to join the A41 northbound, head westbound on the B5133 to its junction with the A540 where the diversion will end.
Place Operations, Highways Office, Guilden Sutton Lane, Guilden Sutton, Chester, Cheshire, CH3 7EX
Telephone: 0300 123 7036
Discuss this article
Please see terms below before using this feature
Please be aware that the facility above is a Facebook service, posting your views will make some of your Facebook information visible to everyone (as with any Facebook activity).
The system administrators (VISAV Limited) monitor the content added. Any misuse or objectionable material should be reported to email@example.com
The views expressed do not represent the views of the system administrators who are VISAV Limited, the Police, Neighbourhood Watch and other Information Provider using this service. The System Administrators make no guarantee, endorsement and accept no liability, regarding the discussion service above, including, but not limited to, its availability, accuracy, currency, content, quality or lack of objectionable or offensive content.