Temporary restriction of traffic
Notice is hereby given pursuant to the provisions of Section 14 of the Road Traffic Regulation act 1984, that the Cheshire West and Chester Borough Council have made an order the effect of which will be to temporarily restrict traffic on the following lengths of road in the City of Chester to enable bridge repair works to be carried out by Cheshire West and Chester Borough Council.
The order will come into force on 22 October 2016 and will continue in force for a period not exceeding eighteen months or until the works which it is proposed to carry out have been completed, whichever is the earlier. It is anticipated that the works will take approximately 28 weeks to complete.
- All traffic shall proceed in a southbound direction on City Walls Road between its junctions with Stanley Place and Watergate Street/New Crane Street, and on reaching the junction with Watergate Street/New Crane Street shall proceed ahead only into Nuns Road.
- All traffic shall proceed in a southbound direction on Nuns Road between its junctions with Watergate Street/New Crane Street and Grey Friars.
Alternative routes for diverted traffic:
Kieran Collins (Ref TRO2880)
- Diverted traffic from City Walls Road should proceed via Watergate Street and St Martin’s Way.
- Diverted traffic from Nuns Road should proceed via Grosvenor Road, Nicholas Street and Watergate Street.
- Access to properties and for emergency vehicles will be maintained.
Area Highways Manager
Guilden Sutton Lane
Discuss this article
Please see terms below before using this feature
Please be aware that the facility above is a Facebook service, posting your views will make some of your Facebook information visible to everyone (as with any Facebook activity).
The system administrators (VISAV Limited) monitor the content added. Any misuse or objectionable material should be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org
The views expressed do not represent the views of the system administrators who are VISAV Limited, the Police, Neighbourhood Watch and other Information Provider using this service. The System Administrators make no guarantee, endorsement and accept no liability, regarding the discussion service above, including, but not limited to, its availability, accuracy, currency, content, quality or lack of objectionable or offensive content.