26 April 2019
Residents who lack the confidence and experience of using the internet are being offered helpful guidance by the Council’s Work Zone teams across the borough.
Council advisors are running weekly digital skills drop-in sessions at its different centres for anyone who feels lost and confused about how to get online and make use of its many services and benefits.
Lisa Harris, the director of Place Strategy at Cheshire West and Chester Council, said: “The majority of people in our society use the internet daily to conduct their business or carry out important personal matters.
“For many, using the internet is second nature. However, we are aware that there people in our communities who are not so confident about how to get online and use the Council’s services as well as other online services such as job hunting, booking GP appointments, online shopping and booking travel.
“The Council wants all our residents to thrive so we are running weekly drop in sessions to help our communities to use our online services and access other aspects of the internet more confidently.
“Trained advisors will be on hand to guide people through the internet at the sessions. It is hoped that people will be able to go away from the sessions feeling more confident about using the internet more regularly and confidently in their everyday lives.”
The free digital skills drop-in sessions taking place across Cheshire West:
For other information contact your local Work Zone:
- Chester Work Zone at the Bluecoat Buildings, Upper Northgate Street, offers a free digital skills drop-in session between 3.30 – 5pm every Wednesday
- Ellesmere Port Work Zone at Ellesmere Port library, Civic Way, offers a free digital skills drop-in session between 12.30 – 2.30pm every Friday
- Northwich Work Zone at Northwich Railway Station Buildings, Manchester Road, offers a free digital skills drop-in session between 9am – 1pm every Wednesday
- Winsford Work Zone at Wyvern House, the Drumber, offers a free digital skills drop-in session between 1 – 3pm every Monday.
- Chester Work Zone on 01244 976028
- Ellesmere Port Work Zone on 0151 356 6667
- Northwich Work Zone on 01606 288540
- Winsford Work Zone on 01606 288901
Discuss this article
Please see terms below before using this feature
Please be aware that the facility above is a Facebook service, posting your views will make some of your Facebook information visible to everyone (as with any Facebook activity).
The system administrators (VISAV Limited) monitor the content added. Any misuse or objectionable material should be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org
The views expressed do not represent the views of the system administrators who are VISAV Limited, the Police, Neighbourhood Watch and other Information Provider using this service. The System Administrators make no guarantee, endorsement and accept no liability, regarding the discussion service above, including, but not limited to, its availability, accuracy, currency, content, quality or lack of objectionable or offensive content.