Temporary prohibition of traffic
Notice is hereby given pursuant to the provisions of Section 14 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 that the Cheshire West and Chester Borough Council intend to make an Order the effect of which will be to temporarily prohibit/restrict traffic on the following length of road in Dodleston and Huntington Ward to enable Highway Works - Carriageway improvement works to widen the carriageway to 3 lane Chester inbound direction only works to be carried out by Cheshire West and Chester Borough Council - Highways.
Nothing in the Order shall prevent driving upon the said lengths of road of any vehicle which is being used for the conveyance of persons goods or merchandise to or from any premises situate on or adjacent to the lengths of road or in connection with agriculture building construction works of repair and the like or use in an emergency of vehicles for fire brigade ambulance or police purposes. A through route will not always be available and any vehicles not requiring access to properties on the length of road should use the alternative routes.
- A483 Wrexham Road, Chester - Section 1 from A55 roundabout to Herons Way roundabout and Section 2 from the Nuffield Hospital to Herons Way roundabout near the Kings School
The Order will come into force on 25 September 2017 and will continue in force for a period not exceeding eighteen months or until the works which it is proposed to carry out have been completed whichever is the earlier. It is anticipated that the works will take approximately 10 weeks to complete.
During school half term 20 October 2017 (7pm - 6.30am) - DIVERSION - A55, slip road onto the A41, A5115, A51 Boughton follow the inner Ring Road of Chester, A483 Grosvenor Road, Overleigh Roundabout back to the A483 Wrexham Road and vice versa.
- Speed Reduction - from NSL/50mph to a 30mph for full duration of the works
- Gap Closures - Closure of central reservation area turning - closed for full duraiton of works
- Lane closures - Reduced to single running lanes off peak hours only, and re-opened back to two lanes during peak hours - (peak hours - 6.30am - 9am and 4.30pm - 6.30pm) for full duration of the works. This will be in bound and exit bound where required for safe working.
- Section between A55 and Herons Way - Full road closure in bound Chester only - for specific works (road marking and carriageway resurfacing works) - to inform of dates but will be night time working (7pm - 6.30am). - DIVERSION - A55, slip road onto the A41, A5115, A51 Boughton follow the inner Ring Road of Chester, A483 Grosvenor Road, Overleigh Roundabout back to the A483 Wrexham Road. Exit bound Chester will remain open to traffic.
- Section adjacent to the bus lane and upto the Nuffield Hospital - Full Road Closure - Night time working starting 16 October 2017 running upto the Section adjacent to the Kings School - Full Road Closure both directions -
Actual dates of any closures will be confirmed and informed of.
Kieran Collins (Ref TRO 3378)
Place Operations, Highways Office,
Guilden Sutton Lane, Guilden Sutton,
Chester. Cheshire CH3 7EX
Telephone: 0300 123 7036
Discuss this article
Please see terms below before using this feature
Please be aware that the facility above is a Facebook service, posting your views will make some of your Facebook information visible to everyone (as with any Facebook activity).
The system administrators (VISAV Limited) monitor the content added. Any misuse or objectionable material should be reported to email@example.com
The views expressed do not represent the views of the system administrators who are VISAV Limited, the Police, Neighbourhood Watch and other Information Provider using this service. The System Administrators make no guarantee, endorsement and accept no liability, regarding the discussion service above, including, but not limited to, its availability, accuracy, currency, content, quality or lack of objectionable or offensive content.