24 March 2017
Residents and local organisations are being invited to share their views as part of a consultation on public health services.
The Council is looking for people’s views on the design of public health services going forward. The services included in the consultation are:
Director for Commissioning People, Alistair Jeffs, said: “By 2020, the grant received by the Council for adult public health services is planned to have reduced by £2.6 million per annum from 2015.
- healthy lifestyle advice and support
- NHS health checks
- sexual health services - including pharmacy and GP services
- smoking cessation – including pharmacy and GP services
- substance misuse – including pharmacy services
- weight management.
"Public health provision is an important way to provide support to local residents and we want to provide a seamless service, which focuses on prevention and ensures access to specialist clinical and support services when required.
"We’re looking to hear the views of as many people as possible to ensure we get it right.”
The consultation begins on Friday, March 24 and closes on Sunday, 25 June.
To find out more about the consultation or to share your views please visit www.cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk/PublicHealthYourViews. Hard copies can be obtained by emailing email@example.com.
There are a number of workshops taking place for those with a direct interest to discuss proposals for the services. Please book onto one of the sessions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The new contract is planned to begin in February 2019.
- 27 March, 1pm – 3pm at Room G2, Wyvern House, The Drumber, Winsford, CW7 1AH
- 4 April, 1pm – 3pm at Room 2.5, Civic Offices, Civic Way, Ellesmere Port, CH65 0BE
- 26 April, 10am – 12pm at Room G2, HQ, 58 Nicholas Street, Chester, CH1 2NP
- 28 April, 10am – 12pm at Room G6, Wyvern House, The Drumber, Winsford, CW7 1AH
- 2 May, 1pm - 3pm at Room G1, HQ, 58 Nicholas Street, Chester, CH1 2NP
- 9 May, 10am - 12pm at Room G2, HQ, 58 Nicholas Street, Chester, CH1 2NP
Please be aware that the facility above is a Facebook service, posting your views will make some of your Facebook information visible to everyone (as with any Facebook activity).
The system administrators (VISAV Limited) monitor the content added. Any misuse or objectionable material should be reported to email@example.com
The views expressed do not represent the views of the system administrators who are VISAV Limited, the Police, Neighbourhood Watch and other Information Provider using this service. The System Administrators make no guarantee, endorsement and accept no liability, regarding the discussion service above, including, but not limited to, its availability, accuracy, currency, content, quality or lack of objectionable or offensive content.