|Race for Life takes place in Chester on Sunday, 17 July 2016.
The following roads will be closed from 8.15am for a maximum of two and a quarter hours:
There will also be no entry into Lower Watergate Street at its junction with St Martins Way/Nicholas Street from 8.15am for a maximum
- New Crane/Sealand Road (From Stadium Way to Nuns Road)
- South View Road (From New Crane Street to Tower Road)
- Whipcord Lane (From Catherine Street to South View Road)
- Raymond Street (From Tower to Canal Street)
- Canal Street (From Raymond Street to Northgate Street)
- Upper Northgate Street (From Delamere Street to Canal Street)
- Northgate Street (From Canal Street to Eastgate Street)
- Water Tower Street (From Canning Street to Northgate Street)
- Hunter Street (From Northgate Street for a distance of 45 metres in a westerly direction)
- Princess Street (From Northgate Street for a distance of 45 metres in a westerly direction)
- St Werburgh Street (From Northgate Street to Eastgate Street)
- Eastgate Street (From Northgate Street to Foregate Street)
- Foregate Street (From Eastgate Street to Love Street)
- St John Street (From Foregate Street to Little St John Street)
- Little St John Street (From Newgate Street to Vicars Lane)
- Vicars Lane (From Little St John Street to Love Street)
- Grosvenor Park Road – East Lane (From the Bars Gyratory to Union Street)
- Union Street - South Lane (From Grosvenor Park Road to Love Street)
- Souters Lane (From Little St John Street to The Groves)
- The Groves (From Souters Lane to Lower Bridge Street)
- Lower Bridge Street (From Duke Street to Old Dee Bridge)
- Old Dee Bridge (From Lower Bridge Street to Mill Street)
- Castle Drive (From Little Roodee Car Park to Lower Bridge Street)
of two and a quarter hours.
No waiting between 4.30am and 11am on the following roads:
- The Groves
- St Werburgh Street
- Grosvenor Park Road
- Union Street
Alternative routes for traffic
- Traffic diverted from Sealand Road and New Crane Street should proceed via Deva Link and Parkgate Road
- Traffic diverted from Grosvenor Park Road/Union Street/Vicars Lane/ Little St John Street/Pepper Street should proceed via Nicholas Street, St Martins Way and St Oswalds Way.
- Pedestrian access to premises situated on or adjacent to the roads will be maintained at all times.
Discuss this article
Please see terms below before using this feature
Please be aware that the facility above is a Facebook service, posting your views will make some of your Facebook information visible to everyone (as with any Facebook activity).
The system administrators (VISAV Limited) monitor the content added. Any misuse or objectionable material should be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org
The views expressed do not represent the views of the system administrators who are VISAV Limited, the Police, Neighbourhood Watch and other Information Provider using this service. The System Administrators make no guarantee, endorsement and accept no liability, regarding the discussion service above, including, but not limited to, its availability, accuracy, currency, content, quality or lack of objectionable or offensive content.