9 December 2015
Helsby Parish Council held its Annual Grant show at the Community Centre on 3 December where 14 local voluntary groups congregated for the opportunity to win grants totalling £4,000.
The Grant Show was an excellent opportunity for the participating groups to pitch for funding. Applications included requests for new equipment, football goal posts and roof renovations.
Cllr Alan McKie, said: “Tonight highlights the true value of grants to local communities. We have seen a cross section of Helsby’s voluntary groups benefit from the Parish Council Grant Show. “
The event could be the first of many, as it created a thrill of excitement and all involved were able to vote for the team they felt needed the grant the most.
The winners are as follows:
- Friends of Hillside Primary – British Values School Council Trip; £500.00
- 1st Helsby Scout Group – Purchase and Installation of a Projector and Screen; £500.00
- The friends of Harmers Wood Trust – Replacement of rotted Benches; £500.00
- Showtime Fundraisers – Replacement of old lighting; £500.00
- Helsby Footpaths Society – Sustainable footpath step replacement; £500.00
- Helsby FC – Volunteers to gain coaching badges; £500.00
- Horns Mill Pre-School – Purchase of 10 Android Tablets; £1,000
Discuss this article
Please see terms below before using this feature
Please be aware that the facility above is a Facebook service, posting your views will make some of your Facebook information visible to everyone (as with any Facebook activity).
The system administrators (VISAV Limited) monitor the content added. Any misuse or objectionable material should be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org
The views expressed do not represent the views of the system administrators who are VISAV Limited, the Police, Neighbourhood Watch and other Information Provider using this service. The System Administrators make no guarantee, endorsement and accept no liability, regarding the discussion service above, including, but not limited to, its availability, accuracy, currency, content, quality or lack of objectionable or offensive content.